Bio-Scale Mini CHT cartridges are 5 ml Bio-Scale Mini cartridges filled with either CHT Type I or Type II having a particle size of 40 µm:
- Type I — sintered at 400°C; has a high protein binding capacity (>25 mg of lysozyme/g) and higher capacity for acidic proteins
- Type II — sintered at 700°C; has a lower protein binding capacity (>12.5 mg of lysozyme/g) and gives better resolution of nucleic acids and of proteins that elute early. Type II has very low affinity for albumin, so it is often more suitable than Type I for purification of many species and classes of immunoglobulins
Bio-Scale Mini cartridges have a double-wall cartridge design* that provides extra durability and allows easy, reliable runs at pressures up to 45 psi with the aqueous buffers most commonly used for protein separation. Convenient, ready to use, and disposable, the cartridges have chemically compatible polypropylene parts. Bio-Scale Mini cartridges are designed for use with BioLogic systems, a peristaltic pump, or any chromatography system; simple luer fittings make connections easy. For simple step elution, the cartridges can be used with a Luer-Lok syringe. Fittings are available for connection to HPLC- and FPLC-type systems.
Learn more about Bio-Rad’s suite of high-performance chromatography columns designed for high-resolution laboratory scale protein purification.
Fitting adaptors are available for connection to other low- and medium-pressure chromatography systems:
- Fittings kit for connection to BioLogic DuoFlow™ systems (732-0113)
- Fittings kit for connection to older AKTA systems with M6 fittings (732-0111)
- Fittings kit for connection to NGC™ systems and newer AKTA systems with 1/16th inch/10-32 fittings (732-0112)
Bio-Rad chromatography systems:
* U.S.patent 7,208,087.