The Bio-Rad media slurry tank is a stand-alone accessory. It can be used with Bio-Rad EasyPack columns combined with a transfer pump, and it can be used with Bio-Rad InPlace columns combined with a Bio-Rad media transfer device.
The tank is available in 100, 300, 500, or 900 L sizes; each has one access lid, top inlet with clamp connection, and lower outlet with clamp connection. The tank bottom is sloped for optimized drainability.
The tank uses an agitator with a double propeller to ensure that media are mixed properly and a rotating spray ball is used for cleaning in place. The tank is designed for use at atmospheric pressure. Material certificates, welding certification, surface finish report, pickling and passivation report, and instruction manual are included.
The Bio-Rad media slurry tank:
- Resuspends slurry even after complete settlement of the media
- Maintains the slurry in suspension during transfer of media to the column
- Rinses the interior after media transfer to ensure complete removal of the media
- Cleans and chemically sanitizes the tank using the spray ball
- Receives resin and rinsing buffer from the column during unpacking
The Bio-Rad media slurry tank is also suitable for use with columns from other manufacturers.