Bio-Rad InPlace process-scale chromatography columns are designed for industrial applications and allow contained filling, packing, unpacking, and cleaning in place. The columns have a sanitary design, variable height adaptor, piston motor, inflatable seal, and special low-shear valves for safe slurry transfer. The piston motors enable high-quality, reproducible packing by axial compression. Axial compression may be combined with flow packing to meet process requirements. Specially designed inlet valves minimize mechanical stress on chromatography media during loading and unloading.
Bio-Rad InPlace Columns
Bio-Rad InPlace columns are designed so that the packing, unpacking, and cleaning-in-place features do not interfere with the bed support, distribution system, and column tube, allowing optimum performance during any operation. These columns are directly scalable and retain the same general design from pilot to manufacturing scale.
- Closed system design
- Ideal for dense media
- Adjustable height adaptor for axial compression
- Designed for multiple packing methods
- No resin loss during packing
- Low mechanical shear during media transfer
- Chromatography tubes available in glass, acrylic, and stainless steel
- Hoist-free operation with the Bio-Rad® MainFrame™ lifting accessory
- Complete documentation for regulatory submissions
- 18 cm–2 m size range
Bio-Rad InPlace Control Console
The Bio-Rad InPlace control console provides automation features for stand-alone InPlace process chromatography columns ranging in diameters from 18 cm to 2 m using conventional skids and media transfer. Existing InPlace columns can be upgraded to the automated InPlace control console.
- Simplifies column operations using preprogrammed methods for column filling, bed consolidation, unpacking, and cleaning
- Ensures precise packing, speed, and bed height adjustment at each step
- Manages all programming using an intuitive touch-screen interface onboard maintenance guide
Each item is delivered with CE certification and is manufactured in our facility, which is certified according to ISO 9001:2000 standards. In Bio-Rad's manufacturing procedures, all steps and components are fully documented. The qualification documentation package ensures production in compliance with U.S. and European regulations.