System performance validation and calibration tools for the Bio-Plex 200 system ensure reliability and consistency of assay results. Both validation and calibration protocols are automated by Bio-Plex Manager software, and records are stored in a secure Bio-Plex database file. Procedures are performed using a maintenance, calibration, and validation (MCV) plate that holds the required bead sets and solutions.
Bio-Plex validation and calibration kits, Bio-Plex Manager software, and the Bio-Plex MCV plate IV enable you to:
- Perform routine instrument maintenance, calibration, and validation procedures
- Assess and document the performance of all system components
- Discriminate between instrument and assay problems
Bio-Plex Validation Kit 4.0 and Bio-Plex MCV Plate IV
The Bio-Plex validation kit 4.0 includes bead sets for validation routines (optics, reporter, classify, and fluidics validation) using Bio-Plex Manager software and the Bio-Plex MCV plate IV.
Key features include:
- Automated validation with both high and low PMT settings
- Broadened classification regions from region 1 to 100
- Bio-Plex flashlight for visual inspection and adjustment of sample-needle height
- Two needle-height adjustment options to accommodate various plate types
- Bio-Plex reservoir to enable unattended operation of maintenance functions
Bio-Plex Calibration Kit
The Bio-Plex calibration kit consists of a set of gold standard calibration beads with stable fluorescent signals. Calibration standardizes signal output from day to day and from instrument to instrument. The Bio-Plex system allows calibration at two different settings. The calibration for broad range standards provides the widest available dynamic range, while the calibration for low range standards with Bio-Plex Manager software StatLIA curve fitting provides the greatest sensitivity.