Bio-Plex Pro™ human cytokine, chemokine, and growth factor magnetic bead–based assays detect and measure levels of 53 analytes in diverse matrices such as serum, plasma, and tissue culture supernatants. Cytokines, chemokines, and growth factors are cell signaling proteins that mediate a wide range of physiological responses, including immunity, inflammation, and hematopoiesis. They are associated with a spectrum of diseases ranging from tumor growth, to infections, to Parkinson's disease.
Based on 6.5 µm magnetic beads, these assays are compatible with both vacuum and magnetic wash stations. Magnetic washing simplifies plate processing, provides increased throughput, and results in decreased variability and increased reproducibility.
- Magnetic bead–based for simplified plate processing
- Developed to deliver accurate, reproducible measurements in multiple sample matrices
- Requires as little as 12.5 µl of sample for both multiplex and singleplex assays
- Available as all-in-one, space-saving complete kits
- Includes premixed standards for generation of standard curves over a broad dynamic range for each target
- Compatible with Bio-Plex Pro human diabetes assays for an expanded biomarker profile
Flexible Ordering Options
- Premixed panels — complete ready-to-use kits (8-plex, 17-plex, 21-plex, 27-plex, Th1/Th2, TGF-β 3-plex)
- Singleplex sets — each set includes a vial of coupled magnetic beads and a vial of detection bodies; requires a reagent kit for magnetic separation (#171-304070M) and a vial of standards (#171-D50001 for group I cytokines, #171-D60001 for group II cytokines, or #171-X40001 for TGF-β assays) for a complete assay
- Custom premixed assays — available as Bio-Plex® x-Plex™ assays built using the Bio-Plex Assay Builder
- Custom assays (mixed at the bench) — available as Bio-Plex Express assays built using the Bio-Plex Assay Builder
For multiplexing capabilities among cytokines, refer to bulletin 5927. For multiplexing capabilities with diabetes assays, refer to bulletin 5975.
See how Bio-Plex instruments and assays benefit researchers studying heart disease, leukemia, melanoma, and other cancers.
Coming Soon: Bio-Plex Pro™ Human Inflammation Assays
For the first time, the most popular biomarkers of inflammation from the TNF superfamily proteins, IFN family proteins, Treg cytokines, and MMPs can be measured using a single multiplex kit. Bio-Plex Pro Human Inflammation Assays will be available in larger 24-plex and 37-plex screening panels and a pathway-focused Treg 12-plex panel, along with singleplex and custom-configured assays.
Sign up now to learn more about this product and receive special offers.