Our 384-well PCR plates are designed for high-throughput systems. Instruments compatible with these skirted 384-well PCR plates include Bio-Rad’s C1000 Touch™ and S1000™ Thermal Cyclers and all CFX series real-time PCR systems. Use the PCR Plastics Selector to determine individual plate compatibility with other instruments.
Several types of low-profile PCR plates are available to suit different needs:
- Hard-Shell® Skirted 384-Well PCR Plates, including Hard-Shell 480 Plates for the Roche LightCycler 480, have a patented two-component design* engineered to remain warp-free, ensuring precise positioning for automation, and have black lettering for easy identification. Hard-Shell Plates are compatible with heat, pressure, and adhesive sealing.
- Microseal® Skirted 384-Well PCR Plates are single-component plates with locator holes and flat vertical sidewalls for secure handling and easy bar coding. The footprint and well spacing meet ANSI/SBS microplate standards. Raised rims provide compatibility with most sealing systems and a tight seal.
- Footprint and well spacing of the barcoded plates meet ANSI/SBS microplate standards
- Plates are free of DNase, RNase, and human DNA
|384-Well PCR Plates
|Hard-Shell 384-Well PCR Plates
(50 µl maximum)
|Clear, white, pink, blue, green, or yellow
|Hard-Shell 480 384-Well PCR Plates
(50 µl maximum)
|Clear or white
|Microseal 384-Well PCR Plates
(40 µl maximum)
|Clear, white, or black
The semi-automated PX1™ PCR Plate Sealer delivers reliable uniform sealing of a range of seal types on different styles of microplates. This programmable sealer minimizes sample evaporation and provides consistency.
PCR Plastics Selector
* Hard-Shell plates are covered by one or more of the following U.S. patents or their foreign counterparts owned by Eppendorf AG: U.S. Patent Numbers 7,347,977; 6,340,589; and 6,528,302.