The PrecisionAb Antibody product line is a collection of highly specific and sensitive primary antibodies (monoclonal and polyclonal) that have been extensively validated for western blotting.
- Robust validation — performed on up to 12 different cell lysates with endogenous protein levels
- Reproducible data — stringent batch-to-batch QC
- High specificity and sensitivity — guarantee low nonspecific binding and strong signal from target proteins
- Trial size available — assess antibody performance before buying larger quantity
- Positive control lysate — benchmarks the molecular weight of the target protein
||Minimum Number of Applications
|Trial size antibody with control lysate
||Two western blots
||Ten western blots
Use the search bar above to find available PrecisionAb Antibodies for your target of interest. Add items to your cart directly from the search results page or view the antibody detail page for more information.
Learn about our rigorous
Download the poster and watch the video of Dr. Mark Shulewitz as he walks you through the poster which discusses the validation steps for our premium line of PrecisonAb Primary Antibodies.
Watch Video | Download Poster
Side-by-side testing of anti-human Bcl-2 antibodies with Jurkat call lysate
“Antibodies provided from Bio-Rad were of very high quality for 80% of the antibodies tested, suggesting most antibodies will be great for western blotting. The other antibody tested was of high quality, on par with the best antibodies available for the target protein.”
Prof. Aldrin V. Gomes, University of California, Davis
» View validation data
Comparing Bcl-2 levels in 12 human cell lines using the PrecisionAb BCL-2-specific antibody
“For our biochemical experiments, we select high-performance reagents that give us the best signal-to-noise ratio. Bio-Rad antibodies against Bcl-2 are high-performance antibodies, as indicated by single, clean, and clear bands, with no noticeable background signal at a high dilution of 1:1,000.”
Prof. Ernesto Diaz-Flores, University of California, San Francisco
» View validation data
PrecisionAb Antibodies have helped identify key proteins on western blots in the following published work:
- Serban AI et al. (2016). RAGE and TGF-β1 cross-talk regulate extracellular matrix turnover and cytokine synthesis in AGEs exposed fibroblast cells. PLOS ONE. PMCID: PMC4807770
- Serban AI et al. (2015). AGEs-Induced IL-6 synthesis precedes RAGE up-regulation in HEK 293 cells: An alternative inflammatory mechanism? Int J Mol Sci 16, 20100–20117. PMCID: PMC4613191
Reliable Antibodies for Reproducible Western Blots: New Line of Antibodies Raises Industry Standards for Quality
Genetic Engineering News, January 2016
How Does an Antibody Qualify to Become a PrecisionAb™ Antibody?
Bioradiations, March 8, 2016
How Can Antibodies Ensure Your Research Stands the Test of Time?
Bioscience Technology, January 2016
Is There an Antibody Crisis Looming?
Laboratory News May 24, 2016
PrecisionAb™ Antibodies: Defining New Standards for Western Blotting
Bioradiations, February 9, 2016
High-Throughput Validation of Antibodies for Cancer Research
AACR Poster, 2016
Validating Antibodies – the Good, the Bad, and the Necessary
DDNews, February 2017