Used with the ProteOn™ XPR36 protein interaction array system, ProteOn sensor chips are prepared with a modified alginate layer bound to the gold surface of the sensor prism. This layer provides the net negative charge and active binding sites for ligand immobilization. The result is user-controlled sensitivity down to the subnanogram level.
The ProteOn HTE sensor chip features novel tris-NTA complexes for improved capturing of histidine-tagged proteins. The tris-NTA complex is unique to the ProteOn HTG and HTE chips and provides excellent binding stability and regeneration capability in the capture of histidine-tagged proteins. The HTE sensor chip has a high binding capacity and is most suitable for protein–small molecule interaction analysis.
- Full compatibility with the ProteOn XPR36 protein interaction array system
- Improved binding capacity and stability due to the novel tris-NTA formulation
- Reduced decay of ligand over time – ensures reliable results and no cumbersome software corrections are needed
- Capture of histidine-tagged proteins directly from crude media, reducing work-up labor and required sample volumes
- Enhanced efficiency and reduced costs due to surface regeneration ability, providing many ligand-analyte interaction studies on the same chip (typically >10 surface regeneration cycles are possible)
- Surface regeneration combined with One-shot Kinetics™ technology yields exceptionally high throughput
Bio-Rad recommends using the ProteOn HTE capturing kit for optimal activation and regeneration of the HTE sensor chip. This reagent kit includes sufficient reagents for >80 activation and regeneration cycles.
Each ProteOn sensor chip is enclosed in a bar-coded cartridge for data tracking and archiving. Chips have long-term storage stability and all six ligand channels may be used across different experiments.
The ProteOn XPR36 system includes all of the components required for interaction analysis: instrumentation, ProteOn Manager™ software, sensor chips, buffer and reagent kits, and protocol development kits.