The S1000 thermal cycler combines powerful performance with streamlined features. The cycler can be used as a stand-alone instrument for PCR, or it can be connected to a C1000 Touch™ thermal cycler for additional throughput. Up to three S1000 cyclers can be connected to a C1000 Touch cycler, and the four cyclers can then be conveniently controlled as one high-throughput instrument.
Features and Benefits
- Flexible platform — choice of 4 interchangeable reaction modules; change throughput capability by linking up to 3 S1000 cyclers to a C1000 Touch cycler or adding PC control for up to 32 cyclers
- Exceptional thermal performance — the patented* reduced-mass honeycomb sample block delivers fast ramping and settling times for reliable results and reduced run times
- Optimal sealing — the fully adjustable heated lid accommodates a wide range of reaction vessels
- Thermal gradient — quickly and easily identify optimal annealing temperatures by using the programmable temperature gradient
Applications and Uses
- Cycle sequencing
- Gene expression studies
The S1000 cycler can be used with four interchangeable reaction modules, including:
- A gradient-enabled 96-well fast module
- A gradient-enabled 96–deep well module
- A gradient-enabled dual 48/48-well fast module that allows 2 independently controlled protocols to be run side by side in a single bay
- A gradient-enabled 384-well module
Select from our complete line of thermal cyclers using the Thermal Cycler Selection Chart.
* U.S. patent 7,632,464.