The GS-800 system has been replaced by the new GS-900™ calibrated densitometer. However, we will continue to provide support for customers with GS-800 units.
The GS-800™ calibrated densitometer offers superior accuracy, sensitivity, and data reproducibility. It automatically self-calibrates the optical density to optimize detection.
- Transmissive and reflective imaging using red, green, and blue CCD technology to scan chromogenic samples at the optimal detection wavelength
- Imaging of a wide variety of samples such as 1-D and 2-D gels, colorimetric dot and slot blots, film-based chemiluminescent blots, autoradiograms, slides, and photographs
- IQ/OQ for verification of the reflectance and transmittance calibration functions
- High resolution and analysis of closest bands on a gel due to 12-bit precision and 36.3 μm resolution
- Scanning of larger gels for enhanced separation of proteins on oversized 29 x 40 cm sample platen
- Accurate quantitation of samples, such as Coomassie Blue– and silver-stained gels, over a large dynamic range (0–3.0 OD)
- Sealed imaging platen to accommodate wet samples of variable thickness
- Purity analysis and lane background tools for manufacturing QC
Transmittance and Reflectance
Unlike laser densitometer systems, the GS-800 calibrated densitometer has both transmittance and true reflectance capabilities that allow accurate scans of both transparent and opaque samples. The advantage of true reflectance scanning is accurate detection and analysis of molecules on the surface of membranes, rather than molecules distributed throughout the membrane matrix. True reflectance provides the most accurate detection and analysis of dot blots, slot blots, and other electrophoretic blots without quantitation error.
The calibration of the GS-800 calibrated densitometer can be validated by following GS-800 IQ/OQ protocols. These protocols are available as an accessory to the GS-800 densitometer. The easy-to-follow protocols include instructions for installation of the hardware and software and for verification of the calibration functions.
The GS-800 densitometer can be used in a GMP/GLP-compliant environment. The CFR module assists users with meeting U.S. FDA 21 CFR Part 11 requirements.