Introducing DNA and RNA into cells is a powerful tool for evaluating gene expression. Bio-Rad's transfection products offer choices for gene transfer to bacterial, plant, fungal, and animal cells.
MicroPulser™ Electroporator for Microorganisms
The MicroPulser Electroporator is a simple and versatile electroporator that enables safe and reproducible transformation of bacteria, yeast, and other microorganisms.
- Simple one-button pulse delivery, attached cuvette chamber, and rapid charge time
- Preset optimized programs for commonly studied bacteria and fungi to facilitate rapid program selection
- Broad range of parameters for manual program optimization: voltage range of 200–3,000 V with 10 V precision and pulse range of 1.0–4.0 ms with 0.1 ms precision
- 3,000 V capacity yields improved efficiency in larger volume cuvettes
- Audible and visual pulse indicators
Gene Pulser®/Micropulser™ Electroporation Cuvettes
High-quality electroporation cuvettes are essential for consistent pulse delivery and reproducible results with your valuable samples. The precision pulse output of Bio-Rad's MicroPulser Electroporator is matched by high-quality electroporation cuvette construction. Bio-Rad's cuvettes are thoroughly washed to eliminate trace-inhibitors, then sterilized and individually wrapped.
TransFectin Lipid Reagent is a cationic lipid reagent that delivers the highest efficiencies and expression levels over a broad range of cell lines, including some difficult-to-transfect and primary cells, while minimizing damaging cytotoxic effects observed with other high-efficiency general transfection reagents. It provides high transfection efficiencies with lower amounts of lipid than most other lipid reagents, allowing more experiments per vial of reagent and lower costs per transfection.