The Cloning and Sequencing Explorer Series provides students with the opportunity to perform novel research. Students add to the world's body of scientific knowledge by cloning and sequencing a portion of the GAPC gene from the plant of their choice. GAPC is a housekeeping gene in the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) family.
Designed by undergraduate and community college educators, this course was specifically developed to ensure success for you and your students. Tailored experimental controls allow students to:
- Continue the experiment to its conclusion
- Make mistakes, learn from them, and still be exposed to every step of the workflow within a specific time period
- Experience firsthand the satisfaction that comes from completing a successful research project
The Cloning and Sequencing Explorer Series allows students to apply molecular biology skills and techniques to complete a real-world research project, potentially encouraging them to pursue a career in research.
- 6–8 week series of laboratory activities made up of eight modular kits
- Provides sufficient materials for 12 student workstations, up to four students per workstation
- Sequencing service not included
Notification: Download a revised workflow for mapping the intron-exon boundaries when using Geneious™.