The Cloning and Sequencing Explorer Series provides students with the opportunity to perform novel research. Students add to the world's body of scientific knowledge by cloning and sequencing a portion of the GAPC gene from the plant of their choice. GAPC is a housekeeping gene in the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH) family.
Features and Benefits
Designed by undergraduate and community college educators, this course was specifically developed to ensure success for you and your students. Tailored experimental controls allow students to:
- Continue the experiment to its conclusion
- Make mistakes, learn from them, and still be exposed to every step of the workflow within a specific time period
- Experience firsthand the satisfaction that comes from completing a successful research project
The Cloning and Sequencing Explorer Series allows students to apply molecular biology skills and techniques to complete a real-world research project, potentially encouraging them to pursue a career in research.
- 6–8 week series of laboratory activities made up of eight modular kits
- Provides sufficient materials for 12 student workstations, up to four students per workstation