Use Sulfamethazine (sulfadimidine) to supplement RAPID'Staph Agar Base or other Baird-Parker based media for identifying and enumerating coagulase-positive staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus and other spp.) in products intended for human or animal consumption, or in environmental samples. Add this antibiotic and yolk with potassium tellurite supplement to the base immediately before pouring the plates.
- Sulfamethazine increases the selectivity of RAPID’Staph Agar
- RAPID'Staph plates optimized for the detection and quantitation of S. aureus in 24 hr
- S. aureus colonies are black (tellurite reduction) with a clear halo (egg yolk proteolysis)
- Choice of two methods for easy confirmation: Baird-Parker + RPF Agar or Pastorex™ Staph Plus or Latex Agglutination Test
Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC.
- RAPID'Staph Agar Base, dehydrated, (3564704)
- Egg Yolk with Potassium Tellurite Supplement, 5 ml vial (3554201) or 25 ml bottle (3554205)
- RAPID'Staph Agar Plates, ready-to-use (3563960)
- Baird-Parker + RPF Agar, 6 x 90 ml bottles (3578618)