Use Egg Yolk with Potassium Tellurite to supplement RAPID'Staph Agar Base or other Baird-Parker based media for identifying and enumerating coagulase-positive staphylococci (Staphylococcus aureus and other spp.) in products intended for human and animal consumption, or in environmental samples. Add this supplement and the antibiotic sulfamethazine (sulfadimidine) to the base immediately before pouring the plates.
- RAPID'Staph plates optimized for the detection and quantitation of S. aureus in 24 hr
- S. aureus colonies are black (tellurite reduction) with a clear halo (egg yolk proteolysis)
- Choice of two methods for easy confirmation: Baird-Parker + RPF Agar or Pastorex™ Staph Plus or Latex Agglutination Test
Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC.
Egg yolk with potassium tellurite supplement is also available as a 5 ml vial (3554201)
- RAPID'Staph Agar Base, dehydrated, (3564704)
- Sulfamethazine Solution (0.2%) Supplement (3562682)
- RAPID'Staph Agar Plates, ready-to-use (3563960)
- Baird-Parker + RPF Agar, 6 x 90 ml bottles (3578618)