The S3 cell sorter has 488 and 561 nm lasers with 4 fluorescence detectors and a filter set. Sort cells expressing fluorescent proteins or labeled with fluorophores.
The S3 cell sorter is the first truly walk-up automated cell sorter available to scientists. Expertly engineered with revolutionary precision and automation, the S3 cell sorter is a benchtop cell sorter equipped with one or two lasers and up to four fluorescence detectors plus scatter detectors utilizing traditional jet-in-air technology. Samples can be sorted at high speeds while maintaining sensitivity and unmatched high purity. Cell sorting has never been easier for the most common sorting experiments. Small in footprint and big in capabilities, the S3 cell sorter brings affordable, reliable, and simplified cell sorting to every researcher.
- Walk-up cell sorting — provides automation so you can do away with complex setup or optimizations
- Automated setup — creates precision sorting without user input or constant monitoring; fully automated drop delay calculation, stream-to-laser alignment, droplet break-off monitoring, and feedback ensure sort accuracy
- Benchtop footprint — includes space-saving, internalized fluidics and cooling system that allow it to fit in any lab
- High speed and high purity — sorts your cells faster with high sensitivity and yield using jet-in-air technology
- 2-way cell sorting — sorts samples based on 2 different criteria in parallel
- Automatic cleaning — automatically cleans sample input line each time the sample is unloaded to eliminate carryover
By automating the complex presort setup with unique technology, the S3 cell sorter creates a more efficient workflow. With state-of-the art technology for automated drop delay calculation, start sorting experiments with ease and accuracy with these automated features:
- Stream-to-laser alignment
- Drop delay calculation
- Droplet break-off monitoring and feedback
- Stream adjustments
- Daily QC reporting
- Collection volume monitoring to prevent overfilling
With an onboard monitoring and quality control system, researchers can be assured that their cells are sorted accurately for the highest purity and yield recovery. The S3 cell sorter provides consistent and reliable sorting setups so each sort can be done with confidence.