Bio-Rad's Rapid Analysis of Psychiatric Drugs (RAPsyD) provides reliable, fast and easy simultaneous, quantitative measurement of clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine, risperidone, and their pharmacologically active metabolites. The antipsychotics are extracted and separated with an HPLC method that involves online column switching between an extraction cartridge and an analytical column. This application is compatible with Bio-Rad's Benzo/TCA by HPLC assay, as both tests use the same analytical columns, extraction cartridges and mobile phases.
With its fully automated HPLC method, the RAPsyD assay allows for online sample preparation and does not require manual pipetting steps, making it a time-saving and convenient method. RAPsyD by HPLC gives physicians an efficient tool for initial determination of dosage and for subsequent therapeutic drug monitoring.
- Principle: Isocratic HPLC Method
- Duration of the chromatography: 25 min.
- Sample volume: 100 µL serum or plasma
- Flow rate: 1.3 mL/min (clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine); 0.8 mL/min (risperidone)
- UV Detection: 254 nm (clozapine, olanzapine, quetiapine); 278 nm (risperidone)