UView 6x Loading Dye is the perfect, safe, and time-saving solution for visualizing nucleic acids in your classroom and teaching lab. This dual-action fluorescent nucleic acid stain and loading dye allows for immediate visualization of DNA fragments after electrophoresis without the need for in-gel or post-electrophoretic staining/destaining.
UView 6x Loading Dye allows you to:
- Save time with a combined DNA stain and loading dye
- Visualize your DNA fragments immediately after electrophoresis
- Use a nontoxic and nonmutagenic alternative to ethidium bromide
- Detect samples in concentrations as low as 6 ng
Fast Blast DNA Stain is an ultrasensitive, convenient, inexpensive, and nontoxic alternative to ethidium bromide for the detection of DNA. This unique product stains DNA deep blue in both agarose and polyacrylamide gels, providing vivid, consistent results. Agarose gels treated with Fast Blast Stain can be air-dried on our unique gel support film and kept as a permanent record of the electrophoresis run.
Fast Blast DNA Stain is packaged as 100 ml of a 500x concentrate that must be diluted before use. Use Fast Blast Stain to:
- Stain DNA in agarose gels during or after electrophoresis in less than 15 min or overnight
- Teach students basic principles of electrophoresis
- Stain nuclei in intact cheek cells
Fast Blast Dye Molecules are positively charged and when placed in an agarose gel, migrate toward the negative electrode during electrophoresis. This provides a striking and inexpensive visual demonstration of the movement of molecules during electrophoresis.
Ethidium bromide is a sensitive fluorescent stain for visualizing DNA in agarose and polyacrylamide gels. Bio-Rad's premixed ethidium bromide solution is available as a 10 mg/ml solution that eliminates preparation steps and minimizes exposure to this hazardous chemical. A convenient dropper built into the bottle's lid prevents contamination of pipets and tips and reduces hazardous waste. The liquid dropper dispenses approximately 50 µl per drop.