CheckN'Safe Kits, used with the XplOrer64™ System, are designed for real-time continuous detection and quantification of E. coli, intestinal Enterococci and coliforms in marine or fresh recreational waters. Up to 64 samples can be processed simultaneously. Detection and enumeration of E. coli and/or Enterococci is simple to perform, providing rapid real-time quantitative results. The system is based on repeated measurement of impedance in each CheckN'Safe tube.
CheckN'Safe Kits and the automated XplOrer64 System detect and quantify two indicators of fecal contamination E. coli and intestinal Enterococci in recreational bathing water in real time. These kits provide rapid water quality monitoring, and for same-day decisions about opening or closing recreational areas.
- Each kit contains very selective media to enable growth of targeted environmental strains
- The first alternative method to MUG/EC and MUD/SF microplates (EN ISO 9308-3 and 7899-1) to be certified by AFNOR validation for monitoring of bathing water
- Easy to use method to quantify E. coli and/or intestinal Enterococci without confirmation
- Random access loading of up to 64 CheckN'Safe Tubes for high flexibility and throughput
- Automated method from testing to final report; information available in real-time (every 10 min)
- The higher the bacterial concentration, the sooner the time to determination of the numbers of E. coli and/or Enterococci in water samples
CheckN'Safe Kits are formulated for selective growth of E. coli, intestinal Enterococci, or coliforms. The kits are used with the XplOrer64 System for continuous detection of fecal contaminants in water samples. The XplOrer64 method is an automated system that uses impedance measurements in a liquid medium to enumerate bacteria over time. Up to 100 ml of water sample is filtered, and then the filter is placed in a tube of CheckN’Safe Culture Medium that is specific for the bacteria to be detected. One ml samples can be directly inoculated. Impedance is measured every 10 minutes giving continuous real-time data. The system has two incubators so E. coli and intestinal Enterococci can be assayed at the same time. Impedance is measured every 10 minutes giving continuous real-time data. The user-friendly XplOrer64 Software interprets the results, according to the water quality criteria classification set by regulations (CEE/76/160 Directive or 2006/7/CE, or AFSSET 2007 recommendations).
The use of CheckN’Safe Kits with the XplOrer64 System has several advantages over other water quality testing methods including;
- Impedance can be used for analysis of samples that are turbid or opaque and/or contain small particulates. These types of samples can interfere with methods that use detection of light and with low counts on plates
- Results can be obtained much more quickly than traditional manual culture methods permitting faster response times to contamination. Same-day results for active management of recreational water
- This automated method is less labor intensive, requiring less skill and training of personnel
- Database creation (XplOrer64 Smart View) for easily accessible reliable traceability
- CheckN'Safe E.coli Kit, 60 tests (3554720)
- CheckN'Safe Enterococci Kit, 60 tests (3554721)
- CheckN'Safe Coliforms Kit, 60 tests (3554722)
- CheckN'Safe Screw Caps (3593457)
- XplOrer64 System Full Configuration 230V (3593450)
- XplOrer64 System Configuration 230V (w/o PC) (3594452)